Verkhovyna village council in partnership with the NGO "All-Ukrainian Forum for Democracy" applied for the competition UCF "Small Cultural Capital of Ukraine - 2022"
LOT. The Small Cultural Capital is one of the three honorary annual statuses of the Cultural Capital of Ukraine, which can be awarded to a territorial community with a population of less than 100,000 people and with the ability to implement an annual program of cultural and artistic projects (portfolio of initiatives).
"Hutsul Verkhovyna - a small cultural capital" with this name and a portfolio of initiatives, they will fight for victory.
The core of this project is the idea of bringing together writers, theatergoers and the intellectual elite of Ukraine in a place that they themselves in the early 20th century called "Ukrainian Athens". "Gather together" through reading, understanding and performing their works in places where Ivan Franko, Lesya Ukrainka, Mykhailo Kotsyubynsky, Hnat Khotkevych once created and drew their vitality and inspiration, and in the veins of Paraska Plytka-Horytsvit, Petro-Shekeryk Donykov, Stanislaw Vincenz, blood filled with Hutsul region flowed, which permeated their creative heritage.
The project plans to conduct six initiatives, each of which is timed to the above-mentioned writers:
- Theatrical platform of Hutsul region 2022 is dedicated to the work of Paraska Plytka-Horytsvit;
- Educational conference named after Peter Shekerik Donyk and the festival of horses, cows and flowers;
- Annual International Forum of Central and Eastern Europe Via Carpatia and Conference of the Circle of Vincenz;
- The exposition of the labyrinth exhibition “Franko from A to Z” will be brought to Franko Kryvorivnya;
- "Lesia's Song" package of cultural initiatives of the theater of Ukrainian tradition "Mirror";
- Cultural and literary conference "Writer's fire over Cheremosh".
The leitmotif of the portfolio of initiatives is the focus on prominent figures of Ukrainian culture and science, whose lives were closely connected with the Hutsul region, or they themselves were Hutsuls.
The general thematic concept of the portfolio of initiatives is aimed at supporting the development of culture in Ukraine, promoting it abroad, enhancing cultural identity and intercultural dialogue in the Carpathian region.